Copyright 1994-2011 William F. Maton
[ Archives |
The following are some Committee Reports studying various proposals or
amendments to the Constitution. Please keep in mind that these
reports may have a political bias and that it is important to
keep their content in context of their historical settings.
There are also some Commission Reports here that are of relevance to the Proposals section of this site.
- House of Commons Committee Report on the British North America Act, 1935.
- Had little to no support outside the federal government to participate
- Would eventually lead to the creation of the Royal Commission on
Dominion-Provincial Relations, established in 1937.
- Rowell-Sirois Commission Report, 1940.
- Royal Commission on Dominion-Provincial Relations, established in 1937.
- A detailed study of federal-provincial relations around the era of the
later part of the Great Depression. It contains what is probably the only
highly researched examination of the financial relationship between the
provinces and the central government.
- The Pepin-Robarts Commission, 1978.
- The Report on Certain Aspects of the Canadian Constitution, for the Senate of Canada, 1980.
- A comprehensive review of the issues regarding the Constitution of Canada
including an explanation of the dfifferent federal powers at issue.
- Report is divided into 2 parts: Creating a new Federal-Provincial Council; and a renewed Senate.
- Special Joint Committee on Senate Reform (Molgat-Cogrove), 1984.
- The 1987 Constitutional Accord (Meech
Lake) Committee Report.
- Report on the New
Brunswick Companion Resolution to the Meech Lake Accord.
- Report on Citizens' Forum on Canada's Future (The Spicer Commission). This Report inspired Joe Clark's document Shaping Canada's Future Together.
- The Beaudoin-Edwards Report on the Constitution's amending procedure.
- The Special Joint Committee on the Government of Canada's Proposals
for a Renewed Canada (Charlottetown Accord/Beaudoin-Dobbie Report).
- Ontario Select Committee on Ontario in Confederation, minutes (1991).
- Report of the Special Joint Committee to amend Section 93 of the Constitution Act, 1867, amend Section 93
of the Constitution Act, 1867, concerning the Quebec School System.
- Term 17 1996
- Term 17 1997
Last HTML revision: 12 September, 2011.
William F. Maton