Sending me email
Please, before sending me any email, read through this first so that we
can both save ourselves time.
If these points haven't addressed your query, or if you have comments,
then you can send a message to me at wmaton -at- solon.org.
- I cannot send you paper copies of these documents. If you
really must refer to them on paper, go to your public library and
ask where they can be found within their collection. If you really,
really need your own copy, ask your Member of Parliament for a copy,
or purchase it through a government bookstore (actually, any bookstore
ought to get this done for you).
- If you want to link to the site, go right ahead. You don't need to
ask me. I'll find you.
- If there is late breaking news regarding a draft amendment to the
Constitution of Canada, and you aren't sure if this site has the latest
version, then stick with your doubts: Chances are high that this site
lags behind the current reality. In that case, try to find it on the web
site of the government that originated the amendment.
- If you are looking for prompt responses from me, then you're expecting
too much. I routinely receive around 850+ messages a day now and replies
are increasingly less likely to happen, but I'll try.
- If you are looking for books, or documentary evidence for the
Constitution of Canada site, look here for a start.
- If you are looking for historical background for Canada's
recent constitutional struggles, you can start with this
man's opinion of that history, and this man's
response. You should go on from there and draw your own conclusions.
- If you want to know about how this site started, check the bottom of
the What's New section.
- Freedoms and such are contained in the Constitution Act,
1982, sections 1-33. It's called the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
Specific freedoms are listed, in part, in section 2.
- And finally, remember: If you aren't happy with the content
of this site, you got exactly what you paid for.
Last revised: 18 October, 2000.